Monday, October 28, 2013

Hi!
Sounds like everyone is doing good!  Cooperstown sounds fun, when is it? And going into NYC after sounds fun! That was a great trip we had!  I was thinking about that the other day.  It is hard to say what my favorite part was. The whole thing was awesome! Seeing Ground Zero and the new Tower was fun though, and the Pageant was great too! I was thinking about the trip me and dad took to Cali almost a year ago too! Crazy how time flies! That was an awesome trip as well! Good times!

Amanda emailed me about grandma too, crazy! I am glad she is doing ok though. Sounds like she will recover well!  Send her my love! This week has not been a particularly bright one for me. I haven’t been feeling all that good this week. My stomach is moving like a blender in a hurricane or something haha. It all started when I had a lunch of coke, cookies, and ice cream. Man I should have learned the first time that indulging in Ghana is a no no. But we had some good lessons and met some good people this week.  Its true, every experience can be learned from. I can only do my best. 
The fufu video you watched was spot on, those ladies always look like they are going to lose their fingers. I dont know how they do it. They call the stick a pistol and the bowl the mortar. The person holding the stick "pounds" the plantains and cassava and the person almost losing the ability to play the guitar "drives." I have pounded one time, it is hard! But I dont think I have had the jaw and testicle soup yet, and hope I never do. Fufu is getting kinda nasty to me, I will not miss it. We got fed twice yesterday. I was able to eat the first one, but the second one was not happening. My stomach was killing me and there was way too much. The lady was fine though  because she knew I was sick. The people here are so nice and friendly.  We will have 3 baptisms in 3 weeks for sure, and we are hoping to get one more guy. He has been gone for like a month. He was supposed to be baptized on the 19th, but yeah he is in Takoradi haha. Hopefully he comes back.
I am missing the cold for sure! That sounds so nice! It is getting hotter here every day. It is almost dry season. That will be interesting haha! We have no water again, so I dont know how we will wash our clothes haha. Hopefully it comes back on at some point. We were able to get our money on Wednesday no problem, which is nice. I have spent some of my personal money. I cant remember how much I withdrew, but I spend most of it on travel. The church reimburses us for travel money which is nice. I spent $20 or whatever on those last packages. I will probably withdraw some more this month or next just to have it. It is good to have it just in case. But life is moving along, it is tough at times but sweet at times. I know that the best is yet to come and that there is a reason I am here, as long as I am working hard and doing my best it will all be ok. I love you guys so much! I am so thankful for such a great and amazing family!  I pray for you all each day! Oh and yes we have been meeting with that lady, her son is doing good! She will probably be baptized next month or December!

Love you all! I will talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment