Friday, January 2, 2015

December 29, 2014

Well...you’re on the border of Mexico so I hope you are still alive when I send this email haha! I am glad you had the hap hap happiest Christmas, I am gonna steal that shirt from Brady when I get back hahaa! But seriously, yeah it was so nice to get to talk to everyone on Christmas, glad that all is well and everyone is doing great! Yeah I got to talk to Cody and Amanda as well and it sounds like they are having fun and that everyone is doing well. That is great that you guys are seeking out the sunshine and traveling all over and that Adam is having a blast with Dakari. It is so crazy indeed that 2014 is over and that 2015 is on the way....so weird. I really don’t know what we will do on New Years, but the woman who made us pizza invited us over for dinner so we will get fed at least! She is a really nice lady. I was telling her about how you want to do that humanitarian trip in Eastern Region and she wanted to know more about it so if you could send me some details I will show it to her. She is really cool though, said if she is around at that time she would show us around! But yeah as for New Years it will most likely be a pretty normal day, I don’t even remember last year’s so it must have been normal. But yeah we had our baptism on Saturday for a woman named Mary  and it was awesome! It went really well and she really was so happy. It’s so cool to see how excited people are when they are baptized. She was confirmed and all is well! Today we had a really good day. Brother Ewudzie did a devotional for our zone where he told us about the Church here in Ghana and all the amazing experiences that he has had. It was so cool and powerful. He has seen a lot of amazing things and had a lot of spiritual experiences. It was awesome! I will be sure to send you pics from the chicken massacre though, haha! Really, not too much to report on since I just talked to you hahaha!

But I love you sooo much! 2014 is indeed gone, but 2015 truly will be an awesome year. How thankful I am to have this time to devote myself to the Lord and be a tool in His work. His gospel is the only way to happiness, that is a fact. He is the way, the truth and the life. He is my Best Friend. We are all part of His Family. I love you, have an AWESOME WEEK AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

[Just a note, in our Christmas Day call he told us that the package with the letters made it to him….on Christmas Eve!!!  They floated around lost, who knows where, and found their way to him at the perfect time!!  Tender Mercies!!!]


December 22, 2014


Merry Christmas to you!!! So first of all, I did get a package this week! It was the one with the bamboo socks and shirt and whatnot, it was AWESOME!!!! Thank you sooo much! Sadly that is not the one with the cards in it....Hopefully that guy will get here soon. Just remember that the post office is slammed here right now so it might take a bit. Lesson learned though I guess would be to send the cards WITH the tree next time hahaha! But seriously, I loved everything in the package! The “only candy bar with the cookie crunch” was a great surprise! Gotta love the Twix! The shirt is unbelievably soft as well! Holy cow! That is what I call a "nice shirt."

Glad you have seen some pics from the Christmas devotional! It was a good time for sure! We did it on Thursday with two other zones so it was great and we did enjoy! We were instructed by President and played
some fun games, but sadly did not do the legless pushups haha! After the games we had a good devotional where the zones all did talents. Ours sang the songs "Infant Holy, Infant Lowly" and "The Little Drummer Boy." We were the best of the three zones, just saying. We also watched the Church's new video on the #sharethegift thing they are doing and well it is just awesome as I’m sure you have already seen. I love the Christmas season because of the joy the Savior brings to our lives. I do love Him so very much and He truly is the gift.  It was a good day filled with good experiences and good friends. So crazy still though that Christmas has come once again! The time really goes sooooooooooo fast! This week I forgot to keep my usual email list, so I’m sorry about that because I might forget to mention one or two things, but hey you getta talk to me on Thursday so I guess it’s not too big of a deal right?! The only thing that really happened this week was that I went on splits with the Green Hill elders. I went to their area with Elder Walston. He’s from Oklahoma but now his family lives in  Korea....wow! It was a pretty good day though. We walked like crazy which is not the most fun thing ever but still...We are having a stake carols night on Christmas eve and the Green Hill branch is doing a number so I got to go to Choir rehearsals with them hahhaha... After that I attended their PEC. But that was awesome because they are a really powerful branch! Their PEC was perfect! Like seriously, it was like it probably happens back home. It blows our wards PEC in Cape out of the water! So that was kinda cool. Something else the branch does is go for a branch jog every Saturday at 5 in the morning. Yep I slept over and was thus forced to go....We woke up at 4:30...the stars were still out...we jogged at a pace that paraplegics could keep up with haha...But it was actually fun and it felt good to "run" again. I have not worked out in forever sadly. I should probably get on that. But uh yeah, I had a good time on splits.

BTW I know where I can buy some nativity sets so I will get to it! I heard they are like 70 cedis or something so I will be sure to get them! IDK where I will keep them, but I will figure it out! Sorry to hear Adam has been so sick, that is not fun at all! Hopefully it will go and not come back. But I am happy he was able to go to the Piano Guys with you! That sounds so fun, they are awesome. The pictures look good. The nest is getting empty back at home base eh? Well I hope that the Christmas festivities at the West household go well and smoothly. Dad was telling me some of the plans and it should be good! Was it last year somebody wanted to do pizza for dinner? Haha hope that aint the plan for you, but it sure is for me! Yeah on Christmas we are gonna have a zone activity. We are buying 6 chickens and we are going to kill and roast them next to step #35 of the 54 steps. That should be fun and delicious! After that, around 2, the woman who made us Thanksgiving invited us over to her house and she is gonna make us pizza!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow that woman is amazing! It will be a great day! Then after that we will come home and I will call! I would guess it will be around noon or so there in the States when I call. I'll probably sound like an idiot, my english is fading haha and no it's not being replaced by any language other than broken english. So yeah you'll all enjoy that. Well, IDK what else to say haha, you’ll get to talk to me in t-minus 3 days so if you have any questions I guess you can ask me then! BUT know that I love you sooooooooooo much! More than anything! You are the BEST! I miss you all but am so eternally grateful for the blessed opportunity to be here serving my Lord and King. This is His work. He lives. I’ll talk to you on Thursday :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment