Monday, April 20, 2015

Picture from the mission blog :)
Winneba Zone - Half of it anyway


Me pa wo kyo, maayke Madame. Be biaa boko! Haha yep so good luck with that one ;) I am doing great! Sounds like you are doing great as well! That is cool you got to go to E. Larsen’s homecoming and that you were able to meet those guys! They are great guys for sure, miss them! That’s awesome Lelea and Cavvy did that song, I remember they sang it once for a mission meeting and it was awesome! Those two can really sing. Wow you are pretty far in the BoM now! You have passed me actually haha! I am in Helaman 4 right now I do believe. That is awesome though that you have noticed the blessings that have come! Good job!

Man this has been a pretty busy week to be perfectly honest haha! Where to start!? Well I guess on Tuesday we had a combined district meeting. That was the first time I have seen the whole zone together actually so that was nice. There really are not too many elders from Utah actually but there are a number from the US. But yeah we instructed and reported on our MLC visit from the previous week. It was good! I really enjoyed the meeting and getting to chat with everyone a bit. It was nice! And the rainy season is on its way for sure because afterwards we went and got food at a chop bar and got stuck in there because of the rain for like 30 minutes! But no problem! We were actually supposed to go on exchanges that day but the elder we were gonna exchange with had a fever so that had to get axed. So hopefully in the coming weeks we will. Wednesday was the day we put on our family counselor hats (or socks or whatever article of clothing it may be) and took care of problems. There is a recent convert who promised two girls he would marry them and obviously that is causing some problems haha. Who would have thought! So we went to visit him and one of those girls was at his house and took that opportunity to complain to us. So we had to tell her not everyone is perfect, that what he did wasn't right, but we can’t force him to do anything and he needs to take care of it. We also met a less active woman who hasn't come to church since she was baptized. She wouldn't open up to us but after a few minutes of talking she opened up and told us exactly her problem. Apparently she is offended by a girl who is a member who is not keeping the commandments but still goes to church. So I guess in her mind that is a good reason for her not to keep the commandments. That one I don’t understand. Somebody else has a problem so you’re gonna let that create a problem for you? Ok! But Thursday we had to travel to deliver some supplies to the elders who we couldn't go on exchanges with and it is FAR. We took an hour and a half tro tro ride to their area. It was a lot like the Indiana Jones ride! Good old roads in the bush! Yeah it’s a place called Odoben and it’s pretty remote. But we made it there alive! They took us to a chop bar then we came back and met POURING rain again. We got there just as it finished actually and all the 5 foot deep 3 foot wide gutters were just full. The streets were flooded in some places. Further evidence that rainy season is knocking on the door. Or here haha. And then we have Friday! Friday we had about 5 different things going on. We of course had Presidents interviews, we had to give an instruction, we had to have our people interviewed for baptism and we had to teach institute. So that was a fun day to prepare for haha. But the interviews were just awesome. The assistants gave a great instruction on working with members then we gave a nice instruction on working with recent converts and less active members. It went well! We were able to tie it in nicely to the AP's instruction so it was interesting for people. Sis. Stevenson instructed on adjusting to the challenges of missionary life and then we ate lunch and watched Meet the Mormons! It was awesome! I missed the beginning because I was being interviewed, but I came in during the US Naval coaches part and saw the rest! Man that is a POWERFUL movie! I really enjoyed it! We get to see it again next week because, as you pointed out, our zone was not complete! Only one district got interviewed then, the other two are next Tuesday. So that will be good! I am excited to see the whole thing! I had a nice interview with President though. We were supposed to share with him things we  learned from personal study so it was nice to talk to him about what I have been studying. I am of course studying in Helaman right now but also I have been going through Preach My Gospel as well. I just went through all the commitments we are to extend to people and thought of the blessings that come from keeping those commitments and now I am finding those blessings in the scriptures. So that is nice! This weekend has been stake conference as well so the past two days that’s what we have been doing. The power was out Friday night and our battery died as well! The apartment is not in a breezy place so it was about 500000000000000000000 degrees during the night. I woke up just sweating like crazy. I ended up using a Plan of Salvation pamphlet to fan myself. Oh man everyone slept for a cumulative of 1.5 hours that night. So Saturday stake conference was a bit hard to pay attention to haha. But it was actually really good. President was there and spoke and he did awesome. I always like listening to him speak. So on the agenda for today is we are going to Takoradi actually....E. Kaiser needs Sis. Julander to cut his hair as he is balding and only she can cut it well. So we are going from one corner of the mission to the other! Haha that will be sweet though! Oh and as for Mothers Day which is quickly  approaching I am 90% sure Skyping will happen! The church has WiFi and a computer then Bishop has a laptop so we will more than likely do that! So prepare! Prepare accordingly for the day is not far removed! As for the pic of me in the suit, when I was packing for transfers in Cape I put it on. The whole story about it sitting in the mission home is the biggest hoax in the world. I have had it at the bottom of my bag for the past 20 months. So I took it out, ironed it, and decided to put it on haha. I do look good don’t I! Um no I have not yet handed any of the bracelets out yet. I will get on that one....sorry. I have not yet videoed myself either to be perfectly honest. I moved around more than Obama this past week so hopefully this week will be less hectic and I will be able to! The work moves forward. 5 baptisms this week, referrals are coming in steadily, Swedru is awesome. This is God’s work to save His children. He is in control of everything. I am so thankful to be able to witness His hand in all things here at this time. I know He lives. I know it is true. Nobody is exempt from being able to know that. He invites all to "come and see." If we seek we shall truly find. That I know is true. You are the BEST mom in the whole world! Thank you for everything you do for me! I love you so much! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment