Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Good morning good morning! I am doing just fine here in Assin Foso, how are you! Wow it sounds hot there, it’s nice and breezy here today, so I feel bad for you hahaha! Thanks for sending that pic of you with the Shulz', that is SWEET!  I’m glad they had nice things to say about me, that’s always a plus eh? I think it’s funny President said he is happy I am with a Twi speaker haha. I loved them, they were awesome and worked so hard for us! I hope they will enjoy their time with family now! That is sweet they sang the GCCM Called To Serve!  Man that would have been awesome to be there I bet! You are lucky!!! We met the Stevensons and they are AWESOME!!! Wow I am really impressed and excited to see what happens with them. I got to have my interview with President and man I really enjoyed talking to him! He is very nice and calm and just seems like a great man! Sister Stevenson was incredibly quiet, she must still be dealing with the shock of Ghana haha! But she will warm up I am sure! No news on a motto or anything, we will have to wait and see I suppose but I would bet they will do a new one. We had a great meeting though, the Assistants gave a great instruction about setting goals to become all you can be. Elder Cavaness is the assistant so it was awesome getting to see him again! Man he is a great guy so that was fun to see him. But yeah, President Stevenson is awesome so I am really happy and excited to serve with him! But I’m sorry the dog story made you sad hahaha, made me sad to witness it as well. We are gonna make fufu again today. No, Elder Assibey doesn’t know how to do it. In fact, back home he didn’t eat fufu, only out here in the field. But our ward mission leader can, he did home economics in school hahaha so he knows how and made really good soup! No, I really can’t cook anything except for mackerel stew haha. It’s good though, so I am happy with it! Nothing like a big plate of rice covered with mackerel stew eh? Mmmmm. Haha but maybe by the time I come home I will learn how to make something really good! It is really crazy I have almost been out here a year now though, I was thinking about that the other day. Man time goes so quick! Feels like I just got here in some ways, other ways it feels like I have been here forever!  It goes to show though how important it is to live each day as we should, cuz soon the day will come where I will be laying in my bed back home wondering where the time went. I’m glad I am working my hardest! That is one thing I can say, I truly work hard. Don’t want to boast, but I am thankful I am doing that because it really would be terrible to be going home and knowing you didn’t work as you should have. We have two baptisms this Saturday for Bro. Kofi Elijah's kids so that is exciting!!! We are hoping he will be able to baptize them, but his record number isn’t here yet so hopefully it comes by Saturday or else someone else will have to do it. He is sweet. There is a funny story I never got to tell you about him because of no internet. When we were reviewing with him before his baptism we were going through the interview questions. One of them is "have you ever participated in a homosexual relationship?" Bro Kofi is full of conviction, so I was really excited to ask him this question because I thought he would just freak out with righteous indignation at the very thought of it. So I asked it and covered my face so I wouldn’t laugh, after I asked it he kind of just smiled and laughed and said, "No no, I don’t believe it even exists." Hahaha oh man I was dying, just the way he said it was so funny. I guess you had to be there...But yeah, his kids are good to go for Saturday! We also have two more scheduled for the 2nd, though I don’t know if I will be there for those. I’m thinking I will probably get transferred next week, the news comes on Saturday so we will see! But they are great, one from Akonfudi and one from Bereku. One is a 63 year old woman named Affia and the other is the wife of the ward clerk. So that is great! The work is really moving forward here! I am happy to see that because when I came there was not a lot of work here at all. So it has come a long way!


I got the package last week....THANK YOU!!!  Man there are so many great things in there! I almost had a heart attack when I saw the bacon!!! I ate all of it in like a day so the possibilities of a real heart attack are high. You guys are the best! Thanks! Oh thanks for getting those shoes as well! They will be needed when they come. Those Rockports are champs for sure! I do have a request. This request will probably need to be fulfilled by Brady since he is technologically inclined unlike others haha. But if I could get a USB with my MOTAB from my iTunes account or from my Amazon Cloud Drive, that would be BOKO(sweet). Also, I have some piano hymns on my account as well, but I can’t remember the guys name, but if those could be put on as well I would literally be the happiest person in the world!!! That’s basically all I listened to back home, not having it out here is a bummer! It is so uplifting! Thanks in advance!!! Honestly, I forgot my planner with my email list, so I can’t remember what else I wanted to email haha.  Me and Elder Assibey are doing good though! I have enjoyed my time with my Ghanaian companions, my Ugandan companion was a bit difficult, but no problem. I will say that living in a two man apartment is kind of boring, regardless of who you are with. But we have fun and get along and work hard, so no complaints at all! Things are going good here though, hope everyone is doing good back home!!! I am always praying for everyone! I hope you have fun in San Antonio, sounds like a good place to go (I don’t know). I love you though and I am so thankful you are my mom! Keep up the good work! LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment