Thursday, July 10, 2014

Elder Hack did write the last two weeks, but we have been traveling and couldn't get them transferred to the blog.  Sorry!! Here are the last two emails:


Ahoy there traveling pack! How is it going?! Wow those pictures are awesome!! I miss good old NYNY! That is amazing that the Edge did so well! Give Adam a big pat on the back for me!

I think today I have good internet, so YESSSS!!! It’s been a LONG time since that happened haha! We have had a wonderful week here though, it really has been good. We have been busy working hard and TEACHING a lot. We especially have been focusing on finding and reactivating the less active members. Yesterday we had a number come to church so that was rewarding! Missionary work a lot of times has no reward visible, but it is so sweet when you can see the results of your labors. Oh and I know the Lord blesses us even when we can’t see those blessings!!! But yeah it really has been a great week! I was looking through my first planner from my time here, compared to now this place is on fire! Granted it is still a slow area, but I am so happy to see the progress it has made since I came! Can’t take any of the credit for that, it is the Lord's work. But one thing that I can say is that I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON! I know I say that a lot, but when I am making my email list each week that is always something I put on there! Each time I read it it just fills me with love for God! I learn so much each time I read it! It testifies of Christ and the divinity of this His Church! I am in the book of Omni right now, I just finished Enos. Enos is a short book but WOW we can learn so much from it! Enos had a true desire to know and also to repent from his sins and the Lord heard him. After he felt the peace the Atonement brings he desired it for his friends and family the Nephites, then his enemies the Lamanites as well! Such a great example!

In other news, we did kill the dog. Oh man that was the most violent thing I have ever witnessed. The elders quorum president did it. He brought the dog to our house Wednesday morning and man the dog was beautiful. I felt so bad. We went to his house where he slaughtered it with a machete. I have some pictures that you will never want to see haha! But the meat was amazing! We have a freezer full of dog meat now. On that note, don’t kill Tiki ok? Today we are going to go shopping then go back and we are gonna pound some fufu and make some soup with our dog meat haha!  We will be meeting the new mission president on Thursday! Should be good! How was the 4th in NY? Was it sweet? I got a call from Elder Cavaness on the 4th, that was my highlight haha!

Oh I was thinking, here there is so much fabric, I want to bring some home so that maybe you can make a quilt with it! How many yards of fabric would I need for a quilt? If you can tell me I can buy a couple different types at some point and get a nice "Ghana quilt!" Thanks! We are doing great here though, we have been visiting our recent convert Bro Amuadu, the old man and haha I love that guy! He is so funny! He loves telling us stories about his life and talking about politics and stuff! Every time we go over he just talks the whole time! It’s good for him I think to have some people just to talk to. We have been teaching some new people that I am excited about. One guy is named K. and he is a really smart, educated guy. We have taught him all about the restoration and Book of Mormon and he really understands and has a desire to know if it is true! Hopefully he will really seek and get his answer! He asks great questions! That is my favorite part, is when people ask good questions! Another is a guy named D, he is also really smart and educated, but he isn't as committed right now. We will keep teaching him and help him to understand though! Hope we can get these guys to find out for themselves that it is true!

Me and Elder Assibey are doing good though. Yeah he speaks Twi, which is a must here haha. A lot of the time he just teaches and I kinda sit there and add my comments haha! But he is a sweet guy!  We have lately had the opportunity to testify to a lot of people about the Atonement and its power in our lives. People are having problems! But we have been able to help them as much as we can by testifying of the Atonement and if we will just rely on Christ He will give us the strength we need to press forward! I know that is true!  I love you sooooo much though! Glad you had a great time in NY!! I loved being there with you guys! I was thinking last night about what an amazing family I have! You guys are my best friends! I am so glad we can be together for eternity!!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! 


This letter is from July 1, 2014:

Hi!!!! I HAVE INTERNET!!!! YES!!! The internet in Foso is not good at all haha, I am sure you have noticed that. But I am doing great here, we are working hard in Akonfudi and Bereku! Last week we had Kofi Elijah's baptism and we are now preparing two of his children for baptism as well so that is exciting!!! We have set a goal for 3 baptisms in July so we are gonna be working hard to accomplish our goal! Sister G, the woman we caught smoking, is still having problems and is so sick and she just won’t let go of smoking, so that has been sad to watch her struggle, but we are praying for her! There is a woman who we are hoping we will baptize this month. She is older and really understands the teachings very well so that is sweet! We have been working on reactivating the less actives here since over half the ward is less active, so that is what we spend our time in Akonfudi doing. Bereku is fruitful so we go there most of the time! I feel so bad for the less active members, hopefully we can get them coming again! Thank you for sending the pics, I love seeing them. Yeah they show up, sorry I can’t send any to you haha! I didn't really get to know President Shulz all that well since we didn't see him all that  much, but he was awesome and I loved getting to talk to him each time! Next Thursday we are having interviews with President Stevenson, so that will be sweet I am sure! Sorry, this is gonna be another bit of a short email, but I don’t have much time today, we need to get back to our area. I have a confession, we bought a dog for 30 cedis and are going to go "prepare" it with the elders quorum president hahaha. Oh man I feel bad, but dogs are not pets here so I guess its ok! I LOVE YOU SOOO much though!!! I am happy, healthy, and love being able to serve the Lord! I am so blessed I can’t even believe it! I know this is His work! LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment