Tuesday, April 22, 2014

GOOOOD MORNING KAYSVILLE!!!!

Everything was closed yesterday, that’s why I am emailing today. I am doing good and have had a really good, albeit long week.  So Monday I was feeling like I need to be a better teacher for some reason, can’t really remember why. I think I was listening to conference talks and just felt inspired or something, but I fasted that night and Tuesday asking the Lord to make me better. We had combined district meeting that day and the Assistants came also. Well, after the meeting I was informed by Elder Quaisie that the Assistants were coming on splits with us that very day, which stressed me out because, well they are the Assistants haha. But wow, it was awesome; I learned soooo much from them. As it was happening, I didn’t realize it right away, but I know that having them come was the Lord immediately answering my fast and prayers. The Lord hears us. I know that to be true, nobody could ever tell me otherwise. That is like saying water is not wet or the sun is not hot. THE LORD HEARS US. I feel soooooo sad for those out in the world who don’t believe that, for they are missing out on such blessings. But yeah, I really learned a great deal on how to teach more effectively, planning better, teaching clearer, all sorts of things. They are awesome guys too, so it was a really positive experience. The next day I went on splits with our district leader, Elder Kirumira from Uganda. He is sweet. The area we were in is in Foso town, so it was nice to be in town with him for the day. We taught some really great lessons, felt the Spirit a lot that day. It was nice. It was fun to spend the night in that apartment, Elder Cowan is in that apartment so it was nice to get to talk with him, he is a funny guy haha.

Well, we went to farm again this week. This time it was with the Osei family in Bereku. We went to their cocoa farm DEEEEEEP in the jungle haha. Like seriously, it was like a 3 mile walk TO the jungle, then a 2 mile walk THROUGH the jungle. So yeah, I feel like Indiana Jones at times. But we had fun harvesting more cocoa. Did the same thing, but this time I was pro and didn’t kill my hands. I got some sweet pics, someday you will see them. But yeah, no pics for the foreseeable future...  On Friday we had an activity with the ward where me and Elder Q split and each of us went with a group of members to visit the less actives. Nobody spoke English in the group except one boy, so that was nice haha. But we visited this 20+ year old dead drunk less active who just went off on us saying he would never come to church again. It was all in twi, but hey, I understood it! His issue? He never completed high school so he couldn’t serve a mission, so he became a drunk. Very sad. I tried talking to him, since he did speak English, but when someone is just dead drunk their listening and patience skills are quite low. We will have to go visit him again though. He has not come to church in 3 years he said. Hopefully someday he will change his mind. The work here in Akonfudi is slow. I feel sad about that sometimes, but it is hard when really I can’t do all that much. I am trying my hardest to get things going, but it’s like a fish trying to blow up a balloon or something haha. I don’t speak the  language. But we are trying.  I have picked up a little Twi, I can understand it better, but can’t speak. Most missionaries can’t speak it, but I am trying to since I have no option haha!  I am just a bobblehead at the moment. Transfers are next week and I am pretty sure the big Q is gone, so we will see what happens! Maybe both of us will go, who knows.  I guess we’ll see! The only really progressing investigators we have are a teacher named Bro. Ahodwo (A-ho-jo) and his son Akwesi Mensah. The son is 15 and he is sweet, really loves the church and gospel, he even wants to serve a mission. His dad is interesting, we are not sure what his intentions are. The group meets in his school each Sunday, we are working to get him ready for baptism though. We were hoping for this Sunday, but it isn’t going to work due to the fact he is never available to meet with us during the week so we can teach him.
 
Yes I got the washing machine on Tuesday, this thing is a machine. It looks just like one back home, only it’s about the size of a minifridge. All metal and everything. This thing has driven me CRAZY this
week though haha. It’s too complex! I couldn’t figure it out until Friday. The water wasn’t filling, but I got it. The problem now is the water leaks out while it is washing and the water hose doesn’t connect tightly so when the pressure changes in the hose it pops off the valve. But it works! I was so scared I’d wasted 1100 cedis on it haha. But yeah, just some minor bugs that I am working on. I am trying to be a Mcgyver like dad. On p-day, well we deep cleaned the apt. That was fun. Found out we have a mouse in the apt. Saw it running on the wall the other day. And to make things worse, I found its droppings in our dish drying rack. So yes I had to re-wash the dishes really well!!  Sooooo....yeah haha. Death will be administered swiftly….

This Easter was good!  Easter here is like a week long party. Easter Friday-Monday.  Oh and the Bishops family made us fufu with beef and mushrooms on Easter, so yeah we ate like kings! Dad, when I come home you and me will make a fufu mortar and pounding stick so we can try some legit fufu haha! But it was sweet. Great to remember that Christ is risen. He does live. I was reading in Luke about His Resurrection. It’s just like the angelic messengers said, "Why seek ye the living among the dead, He is not here, but is risen." I can testify this is true. The Savior does live. Because He does, everything not fair in life can and will be made right. If we will turn to Him, we will be exalted above all the things of the world. We will be made pure. What greater gift is there than to be made clean through the endless sacrifice of Christ? We must turn to Him. So many don’t know, or refuse to believe that those angelic messengers were speaking truth. Why should we seek the living among the dead? He IS risen. He will speak with us if we will speak with Him. Let us always speak to Him each day. He will hear us!

I am not sure how much weight I have lost, maybe 10 pounds. Really it’s only been on my face I think. Well, ok some off my body as well haha. But I am feeling good. I have started working out at night, might as well put some muscle on my little girl frame haha. But yeah I really have started the pushups though haha!  My arms are the weakest they have been since I was an infant, but they are also the most defined they have been, so it’s a tradeoff I suppose.  Love you though. You are the BEST!!!! Thanks for teaching me how to work hard!!!!


I am happy to get to talk to you guys in less than a month!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment