Monday, August 18, 2014

Hi!!!! Looks like you know some Twi hahaha!  Nyame Adom-O!!! (By God's Grace-O! Ghanaians like to add O to everything)  I am glad everything is going well! I was gonna ask about Festival, but looks like you answered it for me! That’s good you are taking a break, since it’s a hectic ordeal I know! Will you guys do delivery night or setup? That’s the best part!!! 

Well, Georgina is still struggling with smoking, and her daughter says she is dying, so that is very sad, but this woman is constantly suffering so maybe that is the best thing to happen. We went and saw her the other day and she was just sobbing the whole time, which Ghanaians never do. I felt really bad! That was before her daughter told us she was dying.  Not an easy life for her at all. But let’s talk about happy things eh? So LAST Saturday the ward went to the temple and Kofi Elijah went, remember? Yeah well on Tuesday we went to see how he liked it and we got there and he had a TON of books laid out that he bought at the temple, a bible, a Triple Combination, Book of Mormon stories, Old Testament stories, etc. He LOVED the temple! He bore a powerful, humble testimony that left me speechless. He said that being in there he felt the Spirit so strong and knew the church was different than any other church. It was AWESOME to hear him say that! I was so happy!!! Oh and guess what, yesterday he was set apart as the group leader in Bereku! He has been baptized for just a month, but he is powerful and will do a great job as group leader! I was so happy to hear that!!!! He is so dedicated to the gospel and church! In other news, the Liberian and Sierra Leone missionaries are here safe and sound. Two are in our zone and one I came with, Elder Cooper from Atlanta! He is a cool guy and we saw him on Tuesday and talked, he said it was quite the experience!  But they are here safe and sound! The Ebola has allegedly spread to Nigeria, let me know if you hear any news on this Ebola thing. I pray it doesn’t come here, I really don’t want to get transferred to another mission, that would be too sad!!!

Had a nice spiritual experience on Wednesday. We watched the film "To this End was I Born" with one of our members who wanted a blessing because she has not delivered her baby that is due. That film is about the life and death of Christ and oh man it is the most powerful film in the world I think!!! I could have wept the whole time if I wouldn’t be mocked here for doing so! I was seriously straining back tears the whole 30 minutes!!! When it ended the room was just silent, nobody wanted to talk to break that sweet Spirit that was testifying to all of us. Elder Assibey and I bore our testimonies and I gave her a blessing. It was an incredibly moving experience! I know that the Savior lives. I feel His love everyday and know this is His work. I am so incredibly blessed to be here serving Him. I will never stop serving Him. We have been teaching an older man named Asiedu lately. He is a former elder in his church and has a rice farm for his family. Rice farm is another word for prison, those guys work all day every day in the farm, just to make sure birds don’t eat the rice. But at nights we have been going to see him. He didn’t go to school but can speak English and read which is impressive. We have given him Twi Book of Mormon and to our great astonishment, he has read almost all of 1 Nephi and understands it VERY well! It was powerful! We taught him a great lesson on the premortal life and purpose of life and gave him 2 Nephi 2 to read about the Fall of Adam so we are excited to go and see him and see how he understood it! I love it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much when people actually try for themselves! Saturday was a good, busy day. We woke up and had our service day, we all wore our yellow Mormon Helping Hands shirts and weeded a road near the church and the church grounds AKA our front yard. We had a good turnout of ward members and I took a ton of pics. After we were done we had the baptism, it went very well! I got to baptize Afia and a child of record and Theresa's husband baptized her so that was great!! It went very well though and got lots of pics again!!! Saturday baptism days are the best days for sure!!!! I saw pics on lds.org of the new Ogden temple and WOW!!! It looks AWESOME!!! Have you gone to the open house?

I heard from Bear a few weeks ago and his email was just the one he sent to his family, but a few aspects made me laugh. His apt has a gym and he told his family he is eating "pretty well, but usually we just eat chicken burritos or something." I wanted to kill him. I would die for some chicken burritos hahahaha. We made banku and groundnut soup two nights ago, so that was good! It’s a close match between banku and chicken burritos...not. Haha but I guess I can’t complain too much since you saw my homemade KFC hahah!  Today for Pday we will be shopping and cooking, and it’s deep cleaning day so we will do that! We don’t get a lot of fun p-days in the bush haha...



Thanks for the good quotes, I love Elder Holland. [here are the quotes I sent:  "Life is like a camera.  Focus on what's important.  Capture the good times.  Develop from the negatives.  And if things don't turn out, take another shot!"  And  “You only get one chance to serve a mission.  It is your responsibility, your duty to use it to its fullest, to give every last ounce of energy until you collapse in exhaustion at the end of it.  All the hardships, all the tests, all the hard work will be looked back upon as the best things you've ever done, not because you enjoyed it, not because you baptized everyone, but because you gave everything you had, even when you didn't think you could and especially when you didn't want to.....Come out of your mission proud of what you've done and this experience will guide and bless you the rest of your life.”] That is what I am striving to do! I know I am so blessed to be here, I love serving the Lord, even though there are always challenges, I am so happy to serve!!! Thank you for all you do, for all your prayers and EVERYTHING!!!! You are the BEST!!! I love you so much!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment