Tuesday, June 17, 2014

YESSSSS!!!! I have internet hahaha!!!! Sorry about last week! I spent an hour on both Monday and Tuesday trying to get the net to go, but wow it was so slow it wouldn't even load a page. I felt bad, I had so much to send and I knew you guys would be sad!!! But first, I am staying here in Akonfudi for at least 6 more weeks! My new companion is Elder Assibey from Ghana so that is sweet! I am happy to have another Ghanaian companion! He is a sweet guy too, he has been out for only 4 months but he is powerful! So we are having a good time! 

Yeah so you heard about the hospital dilemma and P, that was so sad! Elder O and I went out for the day and after seeing Bro. Amuadu he said we needed to go to the hospital to get tested for malaria. We went to Foso and did that. They had to take blood to test right? Oh man, he did not like that at all! He was so scared.  Man I just thought of you and how you get blood drawn all the time like a champ.  Well, he had malaria and they hooked him up to an IV since he was dehydrated, I had to talk him into relaxing. Then they had to give him some shots which he refused. So again, had to talk him into it. The nurse just kept laughing at him as he was crying. It was a very interesting experience haha. I feel like I really learned what its like to be the parent of a 4 year old who is at the doctor for the 1st time. But it was sweet, I really learned a lot those days and honestly am very thankful. One thing I have really learned and internalized here is that trials are AWESOME. They suck at the time, but looking back you learn soooooooooooo much!!!!! So yeah, I am very thankful and happy. Elder Uchtdorf gave a great talk on gratitude in this last conference about being grateful in any circumstance. That is what I did last week haha! I learned a lot as I read the Book of Mormon last week as well! I finished it again last week and man I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!! I HOPE you are reading it each day! If not, DO IT!!!!! Man it is so amazing! Each time I read I learn something new and feel the Spirit. I need to start reading it again, I kinda dabbled through the Pearl of Great Price the past few days, but man the Book of Mormon is so amazing. But onto the P. story. Yeah so we were sitting at the hospital as Ouma layed on his gurney. It had been raining for the last 30 mins or so. In comes a boy with no shirt covered in sand and a nurse. The boy is just completely freaked out and doesn't know what is going on. He sees me standing there and reaches out his hand and calls "Elder!" I was confused. The nurse came over and told me that he was in a building that collapsed in the rain and that his mom didn't make it. I felt the Spirit so strong that I needed to go and give him a blessing, even though I didn't know who he was. I asked the nurse if I could go talk to him and she said yes. So I went in and talked to him. He told me his name was P. and that he was 14 years old and his grandfather was the stake president. Then he looked at me and said, "Elder, please, give me a blessing." I said ok as I rubbed his head then went and told the nurses I wanted to just talk to him privately for a minute. Elder Ouma got up and came and joined me as I gave him a blessing. Oh and nobody had told him is mom was dead, I don't know when they told him but it wasn't when I was there. But wow what a humbling experience. I will tell you what, the thought came to me when he asked me to give him a blessing that I was so thankful that I was worthy to do so. I can't imagine if I wasn't. It is so very important that we are always worthy to act in the name of the Lord, and also to receive those blessings as well. 

That is pretty crazy about the earthquake in Centerville! Hopefully it stops there eh! Man lots of movement in that area lately!  Yeah the US plays Ghana, its at like 10 pm here so I don't think it will disturb us too badly haha! I hope not anyway! I will try to send a pic today, we will see how that goes! I am happy transfers have come and I have a good companion. We are having a baptism on Saturday for our good friend K, so that will be sweet! He is excited! He has some kids we will have to teach and baptize as well! So I am glad the family will come into the church! The work here is moving, Its always been kinda slow in this area, but we are doing the best we can! It is the Lord's will! I honestly am so thankful for the time I have been given here and for everything that has happened! I have such a strong testimony that this is the Lords work and that He loves us! I have faith in Him and know that He always provides for us!  I love you, you are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful the Lord gave me such an amazing mom! I love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment